Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 20 mins
In reference to our last post about tasty salads, this warm beef salad is sure to satisfy all those who think “salads are boring!”.
Golden brown cauliflower, and ripe cherry tomatoes are the star of the show in this crunchy delight.
- 350g beef strips
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 small red onions, sliced into wedges
- 100g cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 30g butter
- ½ cauliflower head, cut into small florets
- 80g baby spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a heavy fry pan over low-medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 – 4 mins until caramelised and beginning to soften.
- Add the tomatoes and garlic, stirring gently and cooking for 2 mins. Transfer mixture to a small bowl and set aside.
- Melt half the butter over a low heat and cook the cauliflower florets, tossing until caramelised and golden – approx. 5 mins. Transfer to the bowl with the onion mixture.
- Heat the remaining butter and oil in the pan. Season the beef strips with salt and pepper, add to the pan and cook for 2 – 3 mins, tossing often.
- Return the cauliflower mixture to the pan and cook for 2 mins to thoroughly heat the cauliflower through.
- Remove pan from the heat. Stir through the spinach until wilted. Drizzle over the honey, and sprinkle over the walnuts and parsley. Enjoy!