Would you look at that gorgeous rainbow salad! Bursting with fresh kale, tomato and cabbage, it’s a healthy salad for the ages! Pair it with a Chicken Parmigiana and you’ve got the ultimate healthy dinner!
Low on the carbs, high on the goodness! Try out these super simple Zucchini Boats topped with lots of melted cheese!
- 3 medium zucchinis
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 450g turkey mince
- 1/4 cup red or white wine
- 400g passata
- 1/4 cup water (or stock of choice)
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Parsley, for garnish
- Prep the zucchinis by slicing each in half and scooping out the seeds and core in the middle with a tablespoon or ice cream scoop.
- Preheat oven to 200C, add 1/4 cup water (or stock) to a baking dish and lay the zucchini in it. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat and swirl oil to coat. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté for 2 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Then add in the dried oregano, basil, and thyme, and sauté for 3 mins, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the turkey mince and cook for 7 mins, or until brown, being sure to break the mince down into smaller pieces.
- Add the wine and passata. Stir, bring it to a boil, allow it to simmer for a few mins, then turn off the heat.
- Divide the meat mixture evenly between the zucchini boats. Sprinkle the tops with cheese and bake in the oven for 25 minutes uncovered.
- Remove the zucchini boats from the oven, garnish with basil or parsley and serve hot, warm or cold. So good either way!