Delicious Greek Chicken Gyros! Using quintessential greek flavours like creamy Tzatziki, these DIY Gyros are sure to delight and satisfy your family for lunch or dinner.
Low on the carbs, high on the goodness! Try out these super simple Zucchini Boats topped with lots of melted cheese!
- 3 medium zucchinis
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 450g turkey mince
- 1/4 cup red or white wine
- 400g passata
- 1/4 cup water (or stock of choice)
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Parsley, for garnish
- Prep the zucchinis by slicing each in half and scooping out the seeds and core in the middle with a tablespoon or ice cream scoop.
- Preheat oven to 200C, add 1/4 cup water (or stock) to a baking dish and lay the zucchini in it. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat and swirl oil to coat. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté for 2 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Then add in the dried oregano, basil, and thyme, and sauté for 3 mins, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the turkey mince and cook for 7 mins, or until brown, being sure to break the mince down into smaller pieces.
- Add the wine and passata. Stir, bring it to a boil, allow it to simmer for a few mins, then turn off the heat.
- Divide the meat mixture evenly between the zucchini boats. Sprinkle the tops with cheese and bake in the oven for 25 minutes uncovered.
- Remove the zucchini boats from the oven, garnish with basil or parsley and serve hot, warm or cold. So good either way!