This new dessert of ours will be the apple of your eye 😉 These scrumptious Baked Apples with a crunchy granola topping are the perfect winter warmer. This dish could even pass as a breakfast option… shhh we won’t tell…
This cake will turn your dessert upside-down! 🍎 Our Apple Upside-Down Cake is a surefire delight, topped with golden, sticky, caramelised seasonal apples from your local fruit and veg shop.
- To make the apples, cut apples into thin slices, ensuring you remove the core and seeds.
- In a pan on the stove, heat butter, sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice until well combined. Add in your apple slices. Stir well and cook for 5-10 mins, then allow to rest for 5-10 mins.
- To make the cake, while your apples are cooking, pre-heat the oven to 180C and line a springform tin with baking paper.
- Cream together your softened butter and brown sugar until you get a light and creamy texture. Add in the vanilla, then eggs (one after the other) and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add half of the dry mixture, as well as half of the milk to your mixing bowl and combine. Repeat with the other half of the mixture until you’ve got a cake batter.
- In your springform tin, pour in the caramelised apples. Next, pour over the cake batter, place in the oven, and cook for approx. 25 mins.
- Remove cake from the oven and turn cake out upside-down so your apples sit on top of the cake. Slice and enjoy with some ice-cream.