This warm beef salad is sure to satisfy all those who think “salads are boring!”. Golden brown cauliflower, and ripe cherry tomatoes are the star of the show in this crunchy delight.
Say HALLOU to this vibrant Beetroot, Orange & Halloumi Salad! Beetroots are a delicious earthy flavour alongside the sweetness of orange, and moorish halloumi.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Thoroughly wash beetroot and pat dry. Wrap each beetroot in foil and place them all onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 40 – 45 mins or until tender. Allow beetroot to cool enough so you can handle them.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the orange juice, honey and white wine vinegar in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Peel the beetroot (Note: beetroot juices may stain your hands so wear gloves if desired). Cut each beetroot into quarters and place in a large bowl. Toss through the cumin and oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat ½ tbs olive oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the sliced halloumi and cook, turning, for 3 mins, or until golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Place the parsley, mint, chickpeas, beetroot, halloumi and orange segments onto a serving plate. Drizzle over the dressing and serve!