Salads are better with avocado … it’s a fact! This sight for sore eyes is our NEW Citrus, Fennel & Avocado Salad. It’s pretty as a picture and is full to the brim with delicious produce like fennel, avocado, oranges,…
Say HALLOU to this vibrant Beetroot, Orange & Halloumi Salad! Beetroots are a delicious earthy flavour alongside the sweetness of orange, and moorish halloumi.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Thoroughly wash beetroot and pat dry. Wrap each beetroot in foil and place them all onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 40 – 45 mins or until tender. Allow beetroot to cool enough so you can handle them.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the orange juice, honey and white wine vinegar in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Peel the beetroot (Note: beetroot juices may stain your hands so wear gloves if desired). Cut each beetroot into quarters and place in a large bowl. Toss through the cumin and oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat ½ tbs olive oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the sliced halloumi and cook, turning, for 3 mins, or until golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Place the parsley, mint, chickpeas, beetroot, halloumi and orange segments onto a serving plate. Drizzle over the dressing and serve!