Add a pop of colour to your plate with our Rainbow Carrot Beet Salad with Cranberries and Yogurt Dressing! ? Great for enjoying with your favourite roasted protein or even on its own, this sweet and crunchy side dish will…
Salads are better with avocado … it’s a fact! This sight for sore eyes is our NEW Citrus, Fennel & Avocado Salad. It’s pretty as a picture and is full to the brim with delicious produce like fennel, avocado, oranges, grapefruit, and radicchio.
- 2 fennel bulbs, one thinly sliced and one sliced into wedges (to roast)
- 5 radicchio leaves, torn
- 1 small orange, segmented
- 1 pink grapefruit, segmented
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- ¼ cup parmesan, shaved
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- To roast the fennel, spread the wedges onto a lined baking tray with space between each. Drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast at 200C for 25-35 mins, until the wedges are tender and caramelized.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and Dijon mustard in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl, toss the sliced fennel with a generous drizzle of the dressing. Set aside for 15 mins or until the fennel has softened softly.
- On a platter, put half of the sliced fennel, all the roasted fennel, radicchio leaves, and half of the citrus segments. Drizzle with some of the dressing and season with salt and pepper.
- Top with the remaining sliced fennel and citrus segments, then add the avocado, pine nuts, parmesan, and mint.
- Drizzle with the remaining dressing, and season with salt and pepper, then serve.