Crunchy Cinnamon French Toast? This breakfast finger food is just divine! It’s seriously simple, delicious and an easy-make for even the laziest of Sundays! With the best of the Fresh Bananas, Berries and wholesome cinnamon, our French Toast will have…
These Breakfast Pot Pies are perfectly portioned so no one can steal your delicious brekky! ? Potatoes, Capsicum and fresh Herbs transform this dish and will leave you feeling satisfied all morning.
- 170g sausages, diced
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 red potatoes, chopped
- ½ small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 tbsp minced thyme, plus more for garnish
- 1 tbsp chives, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 1 ½ cups milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 205˚C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Heat a large pan over a medium-high heat and brown the chopped sausages, cooking for around 4 mins. Once done, transfer the sausages to a medium bowl and set aside.
- Using the same pan (wiped out), melt the butter over a medium heat. Next, add the potatoes and onion, sautéing for 6-8 mins or until the potatoes and onions are tender. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the garlic and capsicum and sauté for 2-3 mins. Next, stir in the herbs before sprinkling over the flour and sauté for another 2 mins. Slowly pour in the milk, continuing to stir until the sauce is smooth and thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Fold the cooked sausages into the sauce mixture and season with salt and pepper if needed. Set aside, keeping warm.
- Cut the thawed puff pastry sheet to make 4 even squares. Using a 6cm circle cutter (or a knife), cut a circle out of the centre of each piece of puff pastry. Place each puff pastry square onto the lined tray and bake for around 10 mins.
- Divide the filling amongst 4 small skillet pans. Remove the partly baked puff pastry squares from the oven and place each on top of the filled skillet pans. Crack an egg into the cut-out circle of each square and place the mini skillet pans onto the baking tray.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 190˚C, then bake the pies in the oven for 15-20 mins until the puff pastry is golden brown and the egg whites have set but the yolks are still slightly runny.
- To serve, season with salt and pepper, then top with the minced thyme and serve immediately!