Getting bored of your regular salads? Jazz it up with our persimmon salad with radicchio and parmesan. Both refreshing and savoury, the bowl will be spotless after dinner!
Our new salad is cooool as a cucumber! 🥒 Topped with fresh Red Onion, Mint and mustard seeds, this Cucumber Salad is a fresh side dish for spring!
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- ½ tbsp honey
- 1 cucumber, sliced into rounds
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp sesame oil, toasted
- 1 tbsp dill, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup yellow mustard seeds
- Olive oil, for drizzling (optional)
- To make the pickled mustard seeds, combine the apple cider vinegar, water, sugar, and salt in a small pot over a medium heat. Bring mixture to a simmer, then stir in the mustard seeds. Once simmering, reduce the heat to low, and cook for 30 mins or until the mustard seeds are plump. Remove from the heat and allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
- While the mustard seeds are cooking, assemble the salad. In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, honey, cucumber, red onion, salt, sesame oil, and dill. Toss to coat and allow to chill in the fridge for 10 mins.
- Transfer cucumber salad to a serving platter, then top with the fresh mint, and dollops of the pickled mustard seeds. Drizzle additional olive oil on top, if desired. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then serve!