Jazz up dinner with a Falafel Salad on the side! This nutritious dish will leave your kids with a smile on their face.
Meal prep like a pro with this easy Greek Couscous Salad which is perfect for weekday lunches. Did we mention it’s packed with fresh Cucumber, Tomatoes, Capsicum and Red Onion from your local Fruit and Veg shop? Yum!
- 275g pearl couscous
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, chopped
- 3 multi coloured capsicums, chopped
- ½ large red onion, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Crumbled feta, to taste
- 1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Prepare the couscous according to packet instructions. Note: We recommend cooking it in chicken or vegetable stock to give it some added flavour.
- While the couscous is cooking, prepare the vegetables, and drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- To make the dressing, combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl or jar, shaking vigorously. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide the dressing into 6 small sauce containers.
- To meal prep, divide the couscous among six meal prep containers. Then divide the chopped veggies and chickpeas into the containers. Add a lemon wedge, some crumbled feta, and season with salt and pepper. Once ready to eat, add the dressing, squeeze the lemon over the ingredients, stir together, then eat!