If you’re wanting to add more green Veg into your day, look no further than our Broccoli & Kale Pesto Pasta 💚 It’s a great meal prep dish – perfect as a healthy lunch for the week ahead.
Green eating has never tasted so good! Our new Green Mac & Cheese is a healthier twist on the classic, that hides Spinach and Broccoli – perfect for the fussy eaters in your life.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced. In a food processor, blend the spinach, parsley and 250ml milk until very finely chopped. Set aside.
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook the macaroni according to packet instructions. In the last two mins of cooking, add in the broccoli florets. Once done, drain, then refresh under cold water. Set aside.
- While the macaroni is cooking, melt the butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Next, add the onion and cook, stirring, for 4 mins or until softened.
- Stir in the flour, then cook until mixture is thick. Slowly add in the remaining 750ml milk, whisking, until well combined. Bring mixture to the boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring constantly, until sauce has thickened.
- Finally, stir through the Dijon mustard and 1 cup grated cheese. Cook, stirring, until the cheese has melted.
- Add the spinach mixture to the sauce, stirring until well combined. Add the macaroni and broccoli to the sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9L baking dish. Scatter over the remaining grated cheese, then bake in the oven for 25 mins or until golden brown.
- Remove baking dish from oven then allow to cool for 5 mins before serving. Enjoy!