These delectable Indian fritters are a true delight for the taste buds. Thinly sliced onions, generously spiced and enveloped in a chickpea flour batter, are fried to perfection until golden and crispy. Pairing them with cucumber raita, a refreshing dip…
Did someone say umami? Our NEW Miso Roasted Eggplant is packed with so much flavour thanks to miso paste, mirin, sake and sugar! Topped with sesame seeds and spring onion, this is a side dish that’ll please everyone.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan forced. Heat a non-stick fry pan over a medium heat.
- Deeply score the flesh of the eggplants in a diamond pattern, then brush with olive oil. Cook the eggplants, cut-side down in the pan for 3 mins or until they’re golden.
- Transfer the eggplants to a lined baking tray, cut-side up.
- In a small bowl, combine the miso paste, mirin, sake and caster sugar. Brush the mixture over the cut-side of the eggplant, then roast in the oven for 30 mins or until tender.
- Once done, transfer the miso roasted eggplant to a serving plate. Drizzle over any remaining tray juice, then sprinkle with sesame seeds and pea shoots or sliced spring onion.