If you’re wanting to add more green Veg into your day, look no further than our Broccoli & Kale Pesto Pasta ? It’s a great meal prep dish – perfect as a healthy lunch for the week ahead.
There’s nothing more comforting than a frittata for dinner. This one is packed full of the fresh spring flavours of pumpkin, baby broccoli, cherry tomatoes and feta. It’s even served with a side of moreish halloumi salad… yum!
- 750g butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into 3cm pieces
- 150g baby broccoli, cut into thirds
- 60g butter, melted
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- 100g pancetta, torn into large pieces
- 100g feta, broken into large pieces
- 8 eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 125g haloumi, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 15g baby rocket leaves
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Place pumpkin in a steamer basket over a saucepan of boiling water. Cover with a lid, then steam for 15 mins or until just tender. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Next, add the baby broccoli to the steamer basket, and steam for 5 mins or until bright green.
- Meanwhile, lightly grease a 26cm oven-safe fry pan with a little of the melted butter.
- Place the filo on a clean work surface. Cover with a dry tea towel, then a damp tea towel (this prevents the filo from drying out). Brush 1 filo sheet with some of the melted butter. Fold in half, crossways. Place in the pan, allowing it to overhang slightly. Repeat with the remaining filo sheets and melted butter, turning and overlapping each sheet slightly to completely line the pan.
- Arrange the pumpkin, broccoli, pancetta, and feta evenly over the filo. Pour over the whisked egg mixture. Fold the pastry over the filling to slightly enclose, then bake for 35-40 mins or until frittata is set and golden.
- Heat the oil in a small fry pan over a medium-high heat. Add the haloumi and cook, turning occasionally, for 2 mins or until golden. Add the lemon juice and toss to coat.
- Combine the haloumi, rocket, and cherry tomatoes in a bowl. When serving, top the frittata with a little of the haloumi salad. Enjoy!