The humble cabbage has been long forgotten in many Australian diets, most of us can’t name a cabbage dish beyond coleslaw. But this nutritious and inexpensive brassica deserves another look. The mild flavour profile of cabbage easily pairs with a…
Vegetarians, this one’s for you team! Say hello to our wholesome Pumpkin & Kale Risotto ?? This is a comforting dish that’ll fill you up while nourishing your body at the same time.
- Preheat oven to 200C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Place the chopped pumpkin onto the lined tray, sprinkle with nutmeg, salt and pepper and bake until the edges are golden, around 30 mins. Once done, remove from oven and set aside.
- Over a medium heat, add the oil, butter and chopped leek to a deep pot and sauté for 4 mins. Next, add in the garlic and arborio rice. Cook for a few mins, stirring often. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the roast pumpkin and stir until well combined, then add the vegetable stock, one cup at a time, stirring to combine between each addition. Once all the stock has been added, reduce the heat to a simmer and allow the rice to cook (around 20 mins).
- Be sure to stir often to avoid the risotto sticking to the bottom of the pan. With 5 minutes cook time remaining, add in the chopped kale and parmesan.
- Once done, serve topped with goat’s cheese. Enjoy!