Soup season is here! Featuring fresh and chunky Carrots, hearty Potatoes and Berlotti Beans, this Minestrone is a bowl of goodness that will keep you feeling cosy. This Minestrone is an easy and healthy meal that celebrates incredible winter veg-…
Pumpkin & Mushroom is a combo you never knew you’d love until now! Say hello to our Pumpkin & Mushroom Cottage Pie – a spin on the classic meat and Potato cottage pie.
- 1kg pumpkin
- 40g butter
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 200g sliced Swiss brown mushrooms
- 400g tinned diced tomatoes
- 400g black beans, drained
- 400g red kidney beans, drained
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup water
- 2 tsp margarine
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 300g green vegetables, steamed, to serve
- To prepare the pumpkin mash, steam the pumpkin until tender, then drain. Mash the pumpkin and butter in a large bowl until smooth, then season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill to a high heat. Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a large non-stick pan over a medium heat. Cook onion for around 5 mins, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan, then toss in the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins or until softened and caramelised.
- Stir in the black beans, kidney beans, diced tomatoes, paprika, garlic powder and ½ cup water. Bring mixture to the boil, stirring occasionally. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium and allow to simmer uncovered, for 3-5 mins, stirring, until the sauce has thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer mixture to a shallow 2L capacity ovenproof baking dish.
- Top mushroom mixture with the prepared pumpkin mash, then grill for 8 mins or until the mash is starting to turn golden brown. Serve with a side of steamed green vegetables.