Kiddos begging for nuggies but want to slide in something healthy? Our quick and easy veggie nuggets will do the trick!
Psst guess what? These golden bites are packed full of Spinach, BUT, we are confident your little ones will love them! Head into your local fruit and veg shop to pick up some fresh Spinach, then head back to the kitchen and get baking with your mini sous chefs!
- Preheat the oven to 175C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large frypan, melt the butter over a medium-high heat. Once sizzling, add the onions and cook until soft, then add the garlic and cook for 1 min or until fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the wilted spinach, breadcrumbs, eggs, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and softened onion mixture. Stir to thoroughly combine. Note: Start by adding 4 eggs and 1 ½ cups of breadcrumbs and add more as needed if your mixture is too runny or too thick.
- Using a spoon, scoop some mixture into your hands and roll into a ball, then place the ball onto the lined tray. Repeat until all the mixture has been used up.
- Bake for 15 to 20 mins, until the bites are brown.
- Serve immediately!