Beetroots are everyone’s favourite red-staining veg! Not only do they complement your favourite meals (think burgers, salads and roast veg) but they are also FILLED with health benefits! Need more convincing? Here are some of the many reasons why you should be including more beets in your diet!
- Beets consist of 87% water, 8% carbs and 2-3% fiber – amazing!
- An amazing source of essential vitamins and minerals – folate (vitamin B9), manganese, potassium, iron and vitamin C which are important for cell function, reduced blood pressure and skin health.
- Lowers blood pressure – this is important for lowering risk factors for heart disease, strokes and premature deaths worldwide.
- Increased exercise capacity – enhancing physical performance? Sounds pretty good to us!
- Includes Batanin, Inorganic nitrate and Vulgaxanthin which all help aid your health.
Who would have thought that beetroot could be so tasty, and so worthwhile for your health! Happy beet shopping – and eating!