Fresh and bright – a scrumptious dish for Spring! Our chargrilled mango and red capsicum skewers with sweet chilli dip are a deliciously fresh meal – pop them on the menu this week!
Team this up with your favourite soup for a light meal.
- 2 avocados, just ripe
- 4 very ripe, sweet-smelling tomatoes or 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp finely sliced basil
- 1/2 red spanish onion, diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 large slices of wholegrain bread (or at least high fibre bread)
Halve avocado, remove stone and scoop out the flesh. Dice avocado flesh and place in a bowl.
Halve tomatoes and squeeze out as much of the seeds as possible. Discard seeds. Dice tomatoes and add to the bowl with the avocado, basil, onion, salt, pepper, oil and garlic. Toss gently and leave for 15mins. (Note: If using cherry tomatoes – simply quarter and leave seeds intact)
Toast bread lightly and, just before serving, spoon tomato and avocado preparation onto bread.