The avocado tree is evergreen and grown in tropical, subtropical and Mediterranean climates throughout the world.
Article link: How to pick a ripe avocado
Vitamin K: 26% of the daily value (DV)
Folate: 20% of the DV
Vitamin C: 17% of the DV
Potassium: 14% of the DV
Vitamin B5: 14% of the DV
Vitamin B6: 13% of the DV
Vitamin E: 10% of the DV
- If it an avocado is ripe, it should yield to a minimal amount of pressure.
- The skin should “give” slightly but should not remain indented.
- If the avocado feels mushy, it has become overripe.
- If the avocado feels firm, it is still under ripe.
- Avocados should be left to ripen at room temperature for one to two days.
- The fruit is ready to slice and serve when it yields to gentle pressure.