Jazz up dinner with a Falafel Salad on the side! This nutritious dish will leave your kids with a smile on their face.
A colourful Salad is just what we need this weekend! Filled with cauliflower, pearl barely, fresh mint, cranberries, and much more, this Roasted cauliflower and pearl salad are sure to satisfy your tastebuds!
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tbsp Moroccan seasoning
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup pearl barley
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 50g Greek geta, crumbed
- Mint, to garnish
- Coriander, to garnish
- Seed mix
- CRANBERRY DRESSING
- 1 ½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 ½ tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup cranberries
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- Extra cranberries, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200C. To make the cranberry dressing, add vinegar, maple syrup, cranberries to a boil in a small pan over medium-high heat. Transfer to a heatproof bowl and stir in oil and season with pepper. Set aside to cool.
- Place cauliflower, oil and Moroccan seasoning in a large bowl and toss to combine. Arrange on a baking tray and bake for 35 minutes. Sprinkle seed mix in the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Cook pearl barley according to packet instructions. Combine pearl barley, cauliflower mixture and a large bowl. Crumble over feta and drizzle dressing. Garnish with extra cranberries, coriander, spring onion and mint.