Jazz up dinner with a Falafel Salad on the side! This nutritious dish will leave your kids with a smile on their face.
Get some extra greens and veg into your day by having a bowl of our gorgeous Roasted Veggie and Haloumi Salad! Featuring zucchini, capsicum, and fresh baby spinach leaves, this recipe is flavoursome, nutrient dense, and so nourishing!
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Cut the zucchini, capsicum, and carrot into 1cm slices. Peel and cut the red onion into thin slices. Crush the garlic and grate the zest of the lemon.
- Combine garlic, lemon zest, and 2 tbsp olive oil in a small bowl and stir to combine. Place vegetables on a baking tray and drizzle the oil mixture. Mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 15 minutes.
- Place the lentils in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stirring occasionally for 15-20 minutes.
- Prepare and cut the halloumi into 2 cm cubes. In a large bowl, add in 2 tbsp of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss in the halloumi and mix to combine. Place the halloumi on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes.
- To make the dressing, juice lemon, ¼ olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add lentils, roasted veggies, halloumi, dressing in a bowl and toss to combine. Garnish with coriander leaves.