This Sweet Potato & Kale Frittata is so versatile you can enjoy it for breakfast, lunch or dinner! It’s so yum you’ll want to eat it for all three meals 🙊 It’s a one pan dish making it super easy…
When the main ingredients are sweet potato, kale and capsicum, you know the recipe is going to be delicious! Meet our Sweet Potato Hash – the breakfast that will give you energy to take on whatever the day throws at you!
- Heat a large pan over a medium heat. Note: Cast iron pans are perfect for this dish.
- Add the bacon pieces and cook until golden and crispy. Once cooked, place the bacon on a plate lined with paper towel.
- Add the onion and red capsicum to the pan and cook for 1-2 mins to soften.
- Then add in the sweet potato and spices to the pan. Cook for 10-12 mins, stirring regularly. Place a lid on the pan for the last 5 mins of cook time to soften the sweet potato until it is easily pierced with a fork.
- Add the bacon back into the pan along with the chopped kale, stirring for an additional 1-2 mins or until the kale has wilted.
- Using a spatula, create 4 wells in the hash mixture.
- Crack an egg into each well and cook the eggs to your liking.
- Season with salt and pepper, then remove the sweet potato hash from the heat. Top with the spring onion and serve immediately.