Pescatarian pals and fresh tuna lovers – this one’s for you! Seared fresh sushi grade tuna is the star of the show in this watermelon, grapefruit and avocado salad.
- 8 baby potatoes, boiled in the skins, then peeled
- 150g green beans, steamed
- 1 red capsicum, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups rocket or other green leaves, washed
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 16 black olives
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1 small red spanish onion, finely sliced into rings
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp finely cut chives
- 400g canned tuna in oil or brine, drained
- Arrange the potatoes, Green Beans, capsicum, tomato quarters, butter lettuce leaves, pieces of hard-boiled egg, black olives, anchovies and onion rings in four bowls.
- Mix together mustard, lemon juice and pepper. Mix in oil and chives.
- Dot salad with pieces of tuna, drizzle dressing over the top and serve.
Recipe by: Gabriel Gate`