Kiddos begging for nuggies but want to slide in something healthy? Our quick and easy veggie nuggets will do the trick!
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 1 stick celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 50g green beans, chopped
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp paprika & ground fennel
- 4 wholemeal tortilla wraps
- 80ml milk
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup baby spinach leaves, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup finely grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1 sliced avocado
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the zucchini, celery, capsicum, beans, spring onion, garlic and spices. Cook 3min over a medium heat to just soften. Remove from the pan.
- Fold one tortilla wrap into four and place the pointy end into a deep muffin pan, move one flap across to the other side to create a ‘basket’. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Divide the vegetable mixture between the tortilla baskets. Whisk together the eggs, milk and salt and pepper. Pour into the cups.
- Bake 15 to 20min or until golden and firm.
- Serve the tortilla pies topped with spinach leaves, fresh tomato, sliced avocado, grated cheese and coriander leaves.
Tip: These can also be made with a gluten free option using corn tortillas. Best eaten while still warm.
Recipe by: Jo Richardson