Our Quinoa Tabouli is as nutritious as they come! It’s packed with fresh produce like cucumber, cherry tomatoes and mint, and is full of healthy fibre and protein thanks to the quinoa.
You loved our Cauli Steaks so we’re back with these gorgeous Roasted Broccoli Steaks! 🥦 Topped with freshly grated parmesan, sliced almonds, and a squeeze of Lemon juice, there’s a lot to love about this dish!
- Preheat the oven to 240°C with a rack in the centre of the oven.
- Line a tray with baking paper. Trim any tough ends of the broccoli heads, leaving around 5cm of stalk intact.
- Slice the broccoli into 1cm thick steaks, starting in the centre of each broccoli head and working your way out to the edges. Note: To prevent waste, reserve any florets that fall off for roasting.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, minced garlic, and chilli flakes. Gently toss the broccoli steaks in the mixture until evenly coated.
- Next, arrange the broccoli steaks, cut-side down, on the lined baking tray, then sprinkle with salt.
- Roast in the oven for 10-12 mins. Once done, remove the tray from the oven, flip the broccoli steaks over, and sprinkle the sliced almonds over the top. Roast for an additional 8-10 mins, or until the broccoli is fork tender, and the sliced almonds are golden brown.
- To serve, transfer the broccoli steaks to a platter, toss gently in the lemon juice, then top with the grated parmesan cheese. Garnish with the fresh lemon zest, then serve immediately.