A true crowd-pleaser, our Capsicum Pesto is moreish and sweet, perfect for charcuterie platters and summer picnic spreads! A one-bowl-wonder, it doesn’t get easier or tastier than this!
You loved our Cauli Steaks so we’re back with these gorgeous Roasted Broccoli Steaks! ? Topped with freshly grated parmesan, sliced almonds, and a squeeze of Lemon juice, there’s a lot to love about this dish!
- Preheat the oven to 240°C with a rack in the centre of the oven.
- Line a tray with baking paper. Trim any tough ends of the broccoli heads, leaving around 5cm of stalk intact.
- Slice the broccoli into 1cm thick steaks, starting in the centre of each broccoli head and working your way out to the edges. Note: To prevent waste, reserve any florets that fall off for roasting.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, minced garlic, and chilli flakes. Gently toss the broccoli steaks in the mixture until evenly coated.
- Next, arrange the broccoli steaks, cut-side down, on the lined baking tray, then sprinkle with salt.
- Roast in the oven for 10-12 mins. Once done, remove the tray from the oven, flip the broccoli steaks over, and sprinkle the sliced almonds over the top. Roast for an additional 8-10 mins, or until the broccoli is fork tender, and the sliced almonds are golden brown.
- To serve, transfer the broccoli steaks to a platter, toss gently in the lemon juice, then top with the grated parmesan cheese. Garnish with the fresh lemon zest, then serve immediately.