If you’re wanting to add more green Veg into your day, look no further than our Broccoli & Kale Pesto Pasta ? It’s a great meal prep dish – perfect as a healthy lunch for the week ahead.
Say hello to our Tex Mex Loaded Sweet Potato Fries! Crunchy sweet potato topped with corn, black beans, capsicum and more – mouth watering goodness!
- 900g sweet potato
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp each of garlic powder, paprika and salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup grated cheese (mozzarella or cheddar work nicely here)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- ½ cup corn kernels
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup coriander, finely chopped
- Guacamole and sour cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into sticks roughly ½ cm – 1 cm wide and 7cm long. Toss them in the olive oil, then through the spices.
- Spread the sweet potato fries out onto the two baking trays, ensuring they aren’t overlapping.
- Bake the fries until they’re brown and crisp on the bottom, around 15 mins. Then flip them over and cook until the other side is crisp too, around 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, prepare the topping ingredients.
- Remove the fries from the oven, then top with the grated cheese. Return fries to the oven and grill for 2-3 mins until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven, transfer fries to a serving platter, then top them with the toppings. Serve and enjoy!